Hello to our wonderful patients,
We are thrilled to let you know that we will soon be able to reopen our clinic! This has certainly been a challenging time for all of us. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this unprecedented closure period. We hope that you found our updates, resources and info guides helpful over the past few weeks and months.
Rebooking Missed Appointments Due to Clinic Closure
While the province of Manitoba has announced the reopening of orthodontic clinics as early as May 4th, we are currently awaiting further information from dental authorities regarding the types of care we will be permitted to provide right away and any preparation that must be done before we can see anyone in the clinic. These guidelines will help us determine exactly when we can reopen our doors to patients.
We will soon be rescheduling patients who had appointments cancelled due to our clinic’s closure. Please wait for us to contact you via text message or email with information about rescheduling. We will be required to open in a limited capacity and with various added safety measures in place. We will likely need to schedule patients with the most urgent care needs first; so we very much appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this transitional time. If you already had an appointment booked within the coming weeks, it is likely to be rescheduled due to these limitations. Please do not come in for your appointment unless you receive a confirmation from us first.
Keeping Our Patients and Team Members Safe
Just the same as always, when we reopen, your health and safety will be our top priority. Over the past several weeks, we have been carefully planning for key enhancements to our operating protocols in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to protect our patients and team members. As healthcare professionals who have always followed strict hygiene and sterilization practices as a matter of everyday protocol, our team is ready and prepared to implement these additional measures.
***IMPORTANT*** New Protocols for Patients
Our patients will play a very important role in maintaining a safe environment in the clinic. We’ve created a detailed list of new guidelines for our patients to follow when they come in for appointments, for example:
- Prior to entering the clinic, you will be asked some screening questions
- Your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer and to wear a mask at all times when inside the clinic
- We ask that patients only be accompanied by one other person (if necessary)
- All patients and team members are asked to maintain respectful distancing in waiting areas and in the clinical area
- We will share much more detail and specifics with you in the coming days about how we are protecting our patient family as we enter our “new normal.”
Thank you so much for your assistance as we roll out these important new measures. You will hear from us again shortly when we have specifics about our reopening and your upcoming appointment. We can't wait to see you in the clinic and join you once again along your journey toward your healthiest, most beautiful smile!
For Patients Experiencing Financial Hardship
- Payment relief request for patients whose employment status has changed or may be managing income loss due to COVID-19
- Your Smile Team
April 30, 2020